By Mr G Davidson
1. How many phosphate molecules would you find on one molecule of ATP?
2. When a glucose molecule is completely broken down, how many ATP molecules are released?
3. How many ATP molecules are made by the process of fermentation?
4. Lactic acid is a product of anaerobic respiration in plants.
5. Glucose is broken down to 2 molecules of pyruvate in both plants and animals.
6. Which of the following is correct?
Aerobic respiration occurs in the mitochondria only
Aerobic respiration occurs in the cytoplasm only
Aerobic respiration occurs in the cytoplasm and mitochondria
None of the above
7. Anaerobic respiration in plants is a reversible process.
8. A build up of lactic acid causes in muscle cells.
9. We use kilojoules to measure energy.
10. The products of aerobic respiration in plants are:
water and oxygen
carbon dioxide and water
pyruvate and carbon dioxide
pyruvate and water