Adaptation, Natural Selection & Evolution
By G Davidson
1. What do we call the change in an organism's genetic material?
2. Ultra violet light is a agent.
3. Cystic fibrosis is an example of an advantageous mutation.
4. What do we call an inherited characteristic which allows an organism to become better suited to its environment?
5. A group of organisms that are so similar they can interbreed and produce fertile offspring is called a .
6. Which of the following is not a geographical barrier which can lead to speciation?
7. Organisms undergo natural selection. Many organisms don't ever reach an age where they can reproduce. Which factor(s) are responsible for this?
lack of food
lack of disease resistance
lack of space
all of the above
8. Long roots, succulent tissues and very small leaves are all examples of adaptations of plants.
9. Who proposed the theory of evolution? (Last name)
10. Which of the following is not a mutagenic agent?