Animal Transport & Exchange Systems
By Mr G Davidson
1. The pulmonary vein enters which chamber of the heart?
2. The artery supplies blood to the heart muscle.
3. What word is used to describe the shape of a red blood cell.
4. Oxygen diffuses from the blood to the alveolus in the lungs.
5. What is the name of the tiny lymphatic vessel in the villus?
6. Valves are present in veins to prevent the backflow of blood.
7. The aorta leaves which chamber of the heart?
8. Muscles in the oesophagus contract and relax to move food by a process called .
9. The right side of the heart pumps oxygenated blood.
10. What do we call the tiny hairs responsible for moving mucus up the trachea?