Transport in Plants
By Mr G Davidson
1. As the surface area:volume ratio increases
the surface area decreases and the volume increases
the surface area decreases and the volume decreases
the surface area increases and the volume increases
the surface area increases and the volume decreases
2. Which vessels transports water and mineral salts in a plant?
3. A cell is found next to the sieve tubes.
4. What is the process by which plants lose water by evaporation called?
5. Mesophyll cells in a plant leaf are the only ones which contain chloroplasts.
6. A plant uses to support the xylem vessels.
7. Which of the following is the main area of photosynthesis in a plant leaf?
8. Soluble sugars are transported throughout a plant in the phloem.
9. Which of the following can affect transpiration?
wind speed, temperature, humidity
temperature, light intensity, carbon dioxide concentration
humidity, wind speed, light intensity
oxygen concentration, humidity, temperature
10. All plants have their stomata on the lower surface of their leaves.