By Mr G Davidson
1. Which of the following is correct?
Body cells are haploid, gametes are diploid.
Body cells are haploid, gametes are haploid.
Body cells are diploid, gametes are diploid.
Body cells are diploid, gametes are haploid.
2. Where does fertilisation occur in humans?
3. When an egg is released from the ovary, we call this .
4. What name is given to a fertilised egg cell?
5. A pollen grain is haploid.
6. Ovules are produced in the of a flower.
7. Human egg cells are larger than sperm cells because they contain a food store.
8. Where does the pollen grain land during pollination?
9. The male gamete reaches the female gamete in plants by passing down the tube.
10. Sperm cells are produced in the .